DvD translations presents:
THE CURSED TREASURE OF CLEOPATRA
Patch Released: April 9, 2018
Originally released on July 24, 1987 for the Famicom Disk System by Square.
Title Screen: Before and After
- The Cursed Treasure of Cleopatra is not part of a game series; it was the only Cleopatra game that Square made.
- Like the rest of Square's DOG games before Nasir joined, it was unsuccessful.
- Cleopatra is the last RPG that Square made before Final Fantasy.
Final Fantasy was so titled because there was a good chance it was going to be Square's last game.
The had stopped work on every other game they were working on and put all their effort into one last game.
- It is also the last game Square made before Nasir joined Square's programming team,
who followed this game with Rad Racer and 3-D Worldrunner 1 & 2, before going on to program Final Fantasy.
- The Good: It is a short, relatively easy adventure/RPG with nice music and animated monsters.
The Bad: Unfortunately, the battles are boring due to how they were programmed and the dungeon layouts are too short and simple.
- All translated text included in the FDS through use of DTE and MTE compression and disk file expansion
- 3 user selectable fonts that can be changed by the player on the fly with separate fonts being selectable for the menus and body text
- All important unused text placed back in the game where it makes sense through contextual hacking
- Multiple bugs fixed
- A fully translated html manual
Box Front and Back
Disk Side A and B Labels
Click on the guide to see scans of its pages!
- Comments received from contributors
- ROM translation released along with TwinBee 2
- Manual translation released
- Website released
- RadicalR completed beta testing the final version
- Manual translation completed
- ROM Expansion file completed
- Single spacing hack completed
- First beta test version completed
- Beta testing started by RadicalR
- All text context identified
- Missing text added back into the game completed
- Table Dumper Pro modified to dump context
- DvD's first alpha test play through complete
- aishsha started helping with the script editing
- DTE compression table made
- Menu, Town & Shop original translations completed
- Contacted NintendoComplete to work on Square's Tom Sawyer
Return to DvD Translations.
Page Last Modified: April 9, 2018