DvD Translations presents:
Patch Released: November 28, 2011
Patch Rev A
Some Menu Screens
Puzzle Challenge, 1 Player, Vs. Mode
Puzzle Boys is Atlus's first and only game for the Famicom Disk system. It is a very late game for the FDS.
It is the direct sequel to Puzzle Boy (aka Kwirk in North America),
for the Gameboy, which is Atlus's very first release under their name.
Before Puzzle Boy, Atlus made the extremely popular Namco RPG Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei which unfortunately was only released in Japan.
The game features 80 puzzle floors in Puzzle Challenge game, plus likely more than 100 puzzle rooms for the 1 Player and Vs. Mode games.
The Vs. Mode is particularly fun and allows you to handicap the better player and choose the number of battles.
I find the game much more fun on an actual NES with a PowerPak which fully supports this FDS title.
We found some decent scans of the manual. Enjoy!
Manual (Disk Writer Version)
Famicom Disk System
I'm not sure if the game was ever released in box or with an in-box manual as no box or alternate box manual images can be found at this time.
- Manual scans improved
- Disk scan improved
- Side B disk label scan added
Released today, our translation features:
The screen shots above show just some of the translated text. There are more screens.
- Atlus's save bug fixed, allowing the game to now be played on a PowerPak and more emulators
- Over a dozen menu screens translated based off of Atlus's official translations of Spud's Adventure and Puzzle Boy II
- Pop up menus and status boxes translated
- Title screen with our logo (so people know where the translation came from)
- Readme with detailed explanation of the entire series and how to play this game
Return to DvD Translations.
Page Last Modified: May 17, 2020