DvD translations presents:
The Rescue of Dr. Cinnamon!
(aka TwinBee 2)
Patch Released: April 9, 2018
The version we have localized was originally released for the Famicom on March 26, 1993.
Title Screen: Before and After
Title Screen History: TwinBee 1, FDS TwinBee 2, Stinger
- TwinBee is a huge series of games by Konami. The first, simply titled TwinBee,
was released for the arcade on March 5, 1985.
- TwinBee was ported to the Famicom in Japan on January 4, 1986.
- The second game was released released soon after as Moero TwinBee: Cinnamon-hakase o Sukue! on November 21, 1986
for the Famicom Disk System.
- Konami ported it to the US NES releasing it as Stinger in September of 1987. Unfortunately,
they completely removed the 3rd player and both Bee cutscenes.
- Konami released TwinBee 3: Poko Poko Dai Maou for the Famicom on September 29, 1989.
- Konami released the fourth game in the series, Pop'n TwinBee for the Super Famicom on March 26, 1993 which they
quickly localized in Europe for the Super NES.
- On the very same day, Konami finally released Moero TwinBee: Cinnamon-hakase o Sukue! for the Famicom restoring
all the content that was changed or removed for the US release and adding a difficulty selection.
Because of the late release, this is a relatively rare and expensive game.
- Many other TwinBee games have since been released plus many games in the excellent Parodius series and
Wai Wai Racing where a TwinBee always plays a major role as a playable character in every game.
- For the first time, 3rd player support via the NES 4-Score/NES Satellite!
- Complete and accurate translations of the Bee intro and ending screens
- Complete and accurate translation of Dr. Cinnamon's rescue speech & final note
- Fully translated title screen based on the exact logo from TwinBee 1 but with the coloring of TwinBee 2
- Translated and properly colored BoooM! sprites during Dr. Cinnamon abduction screen
Box Front and Back
- Comments received from contributors
- ROM translation released along with Cleopatra
- Website released
- Dr. Cinnamon Ending Speech and Credits Added
- BoooM! sprites modified to match original colors
- Beta testing by KlD performed / Text edited
- Final ROM comparison performed and any unused changes removed
- Bee intro text inserted
- Table Dumper Pro modified to insert compressed title screen graphics
- New title screen completed
- BoooM! sprites inserted
- Intro font inserted
- Reverse engineered Bomberman II to confirm out how 3rd player works on a NES
- Added 3rd player support to TwinBee 2
- Alpha tested 3rd player support on a NES Satellite with I@D and R1D
Return to DvD Translations.
Page Last Modified: April 9, 2018